Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We're Home

Sorry about the lack of updates from yesterday. Guess my computer was thawing from the freezing it took while at the hospital. (That place is way too cold!) It took me several tries to get it up and running and did so, for about 3 min. and then couldn't ever get it going again. oh, well.....better a computer problem than another Joel problem. Plus,  I am now the go getter, "nurse", go getter, cook, go getter, maid, go getter, etc.....hmmmm??? Ya think maybe someone might be milking this a bit?? Naaaaaa

He is doing really well. We got home early afternoon, yesterday. Just trying to find stuff for him to eat. His appetite is back up and running to nearly normal.  I managed to get to the store last night after our son got home. I got "new" food. Lots of fresh fruits & veggies, low fat stuff, chicken, etc. It puzzles me that stuff without all the usual ingredients is more costly. Doesn't less mean less????

Home health care was here this morning to access the wound, and his vitals. So far, so good.  Thank goodness for such a program since I am a fainter.

Just got a call from my brother's wife. He is in surgery as I type. He is having a 5 way bypass. Please keep him in prayer. The very same team that did Joel's surgery is doing my brother's. His name is Bill.

Thank you for all the cards, phone calls, food, visits, flowers, plants and prayers. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful circle of friends.

We won't be going anywhere for a while due to exposure to stuff he doesn't need right now. He is already showing a bit of "worry" about not being able to work, and me being stuck here (his term) with him and can't work, and not being able to go anywhere, etc. etc. That's another "normal".

I will keep ya posted.

Love and Prayers to all!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment