Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 2 Bill / Day 8 Joel

My brother is doing really well. I talked to my sister about 3 this afternoon and they had already weaned him from the respirator, and had gotten the chest tubes out. He was sitting up and was able to "eat" (all liquids) what they brought him at noon.  He's groggy, but responds to anyone talking to him. Seems like they are moving quicker with things than they did with Joel.  I think Joel's asthma problems kept things moving slower.  We are really rejoicing over the recovery. The dr. told my sister that it was a miracle that Bill was still alive. So, we should learn a lesson that his bad back, poor eyesight, and partial amputations on both feet have been a blessing in disguise. All that has kept him moving pretty slow, so he never over stressed his heart. AMAZING!!!!

This morning, Joel rode with me to get his new medications, go to the bank, and run by the store. He even got out and walked in the grocery store. I was a nervous wreck, but he did fine. He's back in the recliner with remote in hand and his huggy pillow next to him. The pillow is a "gift" from the hospital to hold against his chest when he coughs. He sure uses it.

I'm not used to fixing 3 meals a day, especially trying to do the no fat/low fat; low sugar, low salt stuff.  I REALLY need to go back to work. This is way harder than I would have ever thought and I love to cook. I'm more a Paula Dean gal. Guess that's why Joel's veins stopped up. ha!

We really enjoy the cards, calls, & emails. If I don't answer, please leave a message, and I will get back to you asap.

Please keep praying for a speedy recovery.

Love and Prayers to all!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment