Saturday, November 19, 2011

5 Red Dots

Today, when I was finishing my earlier post, I decided that I was going to be grateful for something today and prayed that God would help me to recognize my blessings. I have this tendency to prejudge things and make a decision before I know all the facts. I suppose it's like saying  the glass is 1/2 empty rather than 1/2 full.  I was digging in my purse and found a mini size box of 'DOTS' candy. My very favorite are the red ones. The least are the green and orange. I usually get 1 red, if any, and seems like there is always an extra portion of either the green or orange. yukkkk!!!  Tonight, I opened the box thinking the typical negative thoughts and hoping I'd have more red this time. I GOT 5 RED!!!!! F-I-V-E, 5!  1,2,3,4, 5!!!!!There are only 5 total in the little boxes. I have never, never, never gotten 5 red nor 4. Maybe 3....not sure there. I was so happy!!!! Over 5 dots, wow!  Now, I will argue with anyone whether or not it was a way that God was showing me that in ANYTHING He can and will work. I love it!!!!!!! I wonder how long before I get 5 red dots in one box, again. If any of y'all do....let me know.

Now that is not the only thing that I was grateful for today.
I was grateful for joining friends for some fellowship.
Grateful for having the transportation to get there.
Grateful for all the music that we enjoyed today.
Grateful for being a part of the 2 1/2 Angels.
Grateful for getting to sing.
Grateful for my brother being able to join us.
Grateful that someone gave up their softer chair for him, so he could stay longer.
Grateful for all the good food that everyone brought to share.
Grateful for everyone singing  an early 'Happy Birthday' to me.
Grateful that I have the Lord to rely on.
Grateful that I have the Lord to cry out to.
Grateful for being above dirt!
And GRATEFUL for y'all!
Encourage someone to be grateful!
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment