Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Work - Day 2

Today was better in one respect, but then in another, it was so so. He wasn't asleep by 7, tho.  It will take some time to get things going, but he will get there. I am so thankful that he works for who he does. We feel so blessed by having such a boss. Terry and Joel worked for over 20 yrs. for C R Blank Plumbing Co. in San Antonio, which was a wonderful company to work for, too.  After that company sold, they were at different companies. A few yrs. later, Terry started his own company, Stewart Plumbing. He runs his company like Mr. Blank did.....with integrity,  being firm but fair, & caring. We were praying that Joel would eventually get hired by Terry. Talk about a pinata moment!!! It's been wonderful.
After Blank sold, Joel interviewed with and worked for different companies. He came home from one interview and I just knew that he'd gotten the job. I mean, who wouldn't want to hire Joel????? right???? He had been offered the job, but he said,  "I can't work for them because of some of their policies in dealing with people." I was, and still am so proud of him.
Should any of you ever need a plumber, I would highly recommend Stewart Plumbing out of Converse. Even if Joel didn't work for him, I'd still stand behind that statement.

I know how it feels to be so happy with your boss. Not everyone can say that. I was blessed, as well, with a wonderful boss. She never allowed anyone to call her "boss", either. She had the attitude that being a boss put you on a ladder where someone had to be on top & someone was always getting stepped on . Her attitude was more of working in a circle so it could be widened and everyone felt comfortable. The two best words to describe her.... tenacious & fair. I feel like maybe I've told y'all that before, but it's worth repeating to me.

Today, I worked with a 3rd grade class. Now that's a place that can make you feel like a queen. (uhhh, that would be 'king' for the guys.) The kids are so loving. I wonder sometimes about the eclectic mix of the personalities with the kids. No matter what they are, there is something special about each one of them, that makes you want to keep going back. It never fails, one of them will make me feel so special some time during the day. I wish that I had kept every little note, special drawings, pictures, etc. from day one. That would be a wonderful box to open up when the spirits are down. I have kept a few.

I am having to keep encouraging my eyes to stay open so guess that's my dealing for the day. Hope you've found an encouraging opportunity.

Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment