Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Birthday to me!!! And the blessings flow!  I've gotten phone calls, cards, gifts, and the days still young. Robert, our youngest gave me a card that told me that he loved me and to be happy because in dog years I would be dead. Now that's a thought. Something else to be thankful for........my people years are by ones and I don't have to skip count by 7's. Golly, I'd be  441 years old. If I didn't know how old I am, I wouldn't know by feelings. Some days I'm 10 (which some of the Kindergartners think I am) and other days I feel like I'm well past my age by bunches and bunches. I guess most of the time, I am acting more towards the kid side. Life is too short to be too serious, right?
We met with 2 of our beautiful grand daughters today for lunch. Which happens to be the 12 yr. old's birthday, too. I always hear from her on our birthday, because she calls to wish me a happy birthday and then waits while I pretend to not remember that it is hers. She used to tell me the second that I answered the phone, "It's my birthday, Nana." and then I'd go on telling her that it couldn't be because it was mine.  Each of us are the 4th born, youngest in the family, share the same birthday, and born on Thanksgiving Day. It was so nice getting to see them. They are precious and I love them. We don't get to see them that often. One lives with their mom which is about an hour from us and the other lives with their dad, which is about 6 hrs. from us. I cherish the time I do get, tho.
I got a wonderful & very special surprise from my sweet husband tonight. I don't know who all was involved in making it happen, but one was his boss's wife. THANK YOU, ALICE!!!!! They helped him get me a Collins Street Bakery original fruitcake here in time for my birthday. (oh, stop gagging.....) If you haven't tried one, there is nothing like them. They are the best! There are very few fruitcakes that are good. This is #1. TOPS! Super good! Lots and lots of pecans. I shared it tonight with several friends, but several declined. One of my friends told me that there are only 9 fruitcakes in the whole world and they keep getting passed around and around because no one wants them. (She wasn't a fan.) Oh, well....just more for me to enjoy!!! I hope that I end up with the other 8, but not all in the same year.  ; } I am going to grill a piece of it for breakfast. I haven't had the heart to look at the fat grams, calories, sodium, sugars, etc. in each slice. Or to see if alfalfa is one of the special ingredients. I want to savor it first. I've made up my own ideas to make it taste better for now.
Another friend makes me a delicious raisin pie every year and brings it to me. It is sooooooooooooooo yummy, too. I will have it for lunch. And probably a slice of both as a snack in the evening. And then in a week or so, I will be hunting bigger clothes.
I really enjoyed the day!  I had the 'Happy Birthday' song sung to me a bunch!  (it's gone on for several days). Now I have 364 more days to wait for it all to begin again. sigh!!!!
I did hear from all of my kids today. : ) Made my heart happy!
Do y'all believe in angels unaware? I sure do! I strongly, strongly, strongly believe that God sends people (earthly angels) to us when we are in need. Tonight, I encountered  one. I got so much useful information that I needed, needed, needed to hear so badly. What a blessing! I don't feel like I should go into detail about the root of the problem, but it's been an on going concern and prayer request that I've been dealing with for years and years and will for how ever long it takes. I got lots of answers for things that I have been thinking and wondering about. I have renewed hope that had been slowly chipped away by all the doubts and discouragements that I have allowed to plague me. Getting to talk to her made my birthday even that much more special. Thank you, Kona!
I hope that you use your time and talents to help someone along the way. Even if it's just an encouraging smile.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

1 comment:

  1. Well apperantly my comment didnt post I sent you a happy birthday dang thing. well love you.

    ReplyDelete