Monday, November 7, 2011

Shhhhh!!!! He's asleep....

We've been getting phone calls to see how Joel's first day back to work went. They didn't want to wait for this news bulletin.  It's so nice to know that so many were thinking about and praying for him today and sitting on edge to find out what's going on. Y'all are the best!

I tried taking a video as he walked to the truck, but didn't quite get it. I did kiss the back of the truck as it pulled down the drive. Ha! And yes, the dog moped. But I made it up to her with a few little extra treats.  She is a bit spoiled. Joel will tell you that she is my dog. 
While I was out of town one time, I made a comment  that we'd gotten old because we were talking to our dog on the phone. He told me that I was the one talking to the dog on the phone. I replied back, "uhhhhhhhh, and who's holding the phone?" He could only say, "oh."...........She's OURS.

His first day went well. He came home really pooped, tho. He was asleep in the recliner a little after 7 and he is still there. When he got out of the truck, he was limping. When I asked him why, he said that he was stiff. I made him one of his favorite meals, salad with some yummy dressing (Penzey's mix) and some Italian pork (with extra Penzey's spices). Really good stuff! After he ate, he was out in just a few mins. Hopefully, his stamina will improve quickly.

I went by the school today and watched a 5th grade class, while the teacher could go to our friend's daughter's funeral.  The kids were so good and I enjoyed my time with them. I don't know if this is just a great group of kids, or they were being compassionate for the situation.

After I left school, I went to pick up Joel's meds. (seems like that is a weekly event) and then to the store to replenish the alfalfa stock. While writing the date on both checks, I kept thinking......"November the 7th.....hmmmmmm??? That's sounding really familiar."  So many good people that I know and love have/had birthdays in Nov. and I have a slight memory lapse every now and then.....Okay?
NOW I remember why I put the birthday card on the table a while back so I would remember .... Happy Birthday Karrie! It counts, cause it's still the 7th. :)

My brother is feeling better. My sister is still fighting congestion, cough, sneezing, and everything else that goes along with the allergies or whatever cootie bug she has. I am slowly getting my normal voice back. So far, Joel is the only one that hasn't come down with this. Please keep that on your prayer list, too.

Encourage yourself to try something that you've always wanted to.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie 

1 comment: