Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More Blessings!

I am feeling so much better, and not quite as froggy sounding. Still sneezing and coughing, tho. But, I'm thinking by tomorrow afternoon, I will be "ok" and will be able to sing in my normal key. Thank you for praying for me. I know that it is just a fun thing that I am looking forward to, but I really enjoy singing with Diane and Prissy and it's a great stress releasing tool.

We had lunch today with one of our best friends, Bernd. It was so good to see him. He was widowed  a little over a yr. ago. SAD!!!!! We stay in touch, via email, but getting to sit and visit face to face is always a blessing. He has the best smile that lights up a room. You would think that he and Joel are brothers the way that they cut up.  We need not to wait so long to get together again. We used to go camping with them all the time, but then grand kids started coming and we didn't go as much. sad, sad, sad!!!  Now I wish that we would have just packed up the grand kids and drug them along. But I let those darn worries of snakes, spiders, scorpions, etc. attacking one of them and talked myself out of it. Another lesson of  ENJOYING life and let God take care of what we worry senseless about. I'm not saying not being responsible, just help me to relax and enjoy more things in life.

Last year we took a trip to Colorado to see our daughter and her family and I missed enjoying some of the sight seeing on the mountains because of fear. I worried about falling off the mountain or worst yet, being attacked by a bear. Joel went with our son-in-law and enjoyed the beautiful view. (But he did see bear tracks, which made me thankful that I'd not gone, at the time.) Now.....I wish that I had gone and seen more of the beauty that God created. MY LOSS!!!! But someday when we go back, I think that I will go see more. ..........(Anyone know where I can get bear spray?........... just in case)

After you sit around for any length of time you start to think that you are "forgotten". At least, my brain goes that way.  This week, Joel and my brother have received more "Thinking of You" cards and today, one of Joel's co-workers called to check on him and tell him that he is missed.  It's another lesson in compassion and thoughtfulness. I know several friends that I should be sending cards to or calling, but then for some reason don't. Hopefully, I will remember this and act on it. I see how such a simple act of kindness has affected both of my guys.  Thank you so much! It has meant a lot.

Bill's home health care nurse is coming every day to treat his feet and to check on his vitals. Thank goodness for this service! He is doing so much better now. His sugar levels are staying in a normal range. He's lost more weight, and his spirits are up.  My sister is cracking the whip on what he eats and what he does. I don't know what we'd do without her.  I'm still trying to decide about the WONDERFUL DELICIOUS cinnamon rolls that she makes. I'm thinking smelling them wouldn't hurt.....BUT I know that I couldn't pass them up. They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo YUMMY!!!!!!!!! Maybe for my birthday, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Ground Hog's Day, ......something....

Our church's teens are having a fundraiser this coming Sat. with a bake sale and Rock-A-Thon. If you are in the McQueeney area from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., drop by and make a donation, buy a baked good, and support the youth. They are our future and I am so thankful that these kids are in church and involved. It's on Hwy. 78, McQueeney Baptist.

I still can't say thank you enough for everyone lending me their ears over the past several weeks. It's such a blessing for me. Add someone to this stream of encouragement that y'all keep sending my way.

Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment