Saturday, November 19, 2011

FOCUS! FOCUS!! FOCUS!!!

"Focus" is what I hear a lot of from Joel, my kids, true friends, and sometimes the kids at school. (Love the kids honesty!) The best is what I call "THE MOTHER LOOK" that I get from Diane, one of the 2 1/2 Angels. I have a tendency to 'drift off ' during the middle of a song and miss my part. She always covers, but I get "THE LOOK". It always makes us smile, sometimes laugh and we even get chuckles from the audience if they catch it.  If Joel and I are limited on time in a store, Joel reminds me every now and then to focus on what I am after. I really am all over the place, most of the time. I've had to get my focus back the past few days. I think maybe carrying around a flashlight, candle, match, anything, something bright would help. This time change is crazy. I know that I make more of it than what I should or what it really is, but good grief, I love it so less!!!! Pthtttttttt
Also, I've had to focus on a few other things. Now, really.......we don't have enough space here to go there. But I will tell ya the main idea behind this. I am ashamed of myself for getting so down about both of us getting sick in the past few weeks and having to go to the Dr.,  AGAIN and having MORE prescriptions. hmmmmmmmm????? How AWFUL that I didn't immediately register a HUGE GRATEFULNESS for being able to go to a Dr., having only the typical Texas cooties & nothing serious or untreatable, and having access to getting the meds. that are capable of getting us well. At times, I really feel like I am the only one that has these horrible mully grubs, but then I hear from so many that I am not. .......I am not, at all, proud of having these feelings. It just happens. DRATS!!!!!!
Another focus is our house. I have to REALLY work at being grateful for having a roof over my head, it being cool/warm, etc.  We have lots of foundation issues, wall issues, floor issues, roof issues, driveway issues, and on and on. It is so overwhelming that you don't know where to begin. I was on a blog site earlier this week and oh, my gosh!!!! I live in a mansion! I am so blessed!!! How selfish and ungrateful I have been.
I have too much "stuff"!  I love my "stuff", tho.Especially my buttons. I think last count I had in the range of forty-leven gazillion and four.
 I get all these "ideas" to do something and then end up not doing it or saving it for ..........?????? Not sure what I am saving it for. Isn't that sad???? And then if I decide to clean up a pile of my "stuff" then I end up with 10 little piles.....Where does this craziness lead me??? FRUSTRATED.

I think until I learn to be truthfully grateful, I will not move forward. I can occupy my time with plans, dreams, staying busy with whatever I can stay busy with, but I need to FOCUS! FOCUS!! FOCUS!!! I even get so sidetracked doing this, that it takes a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to get 'er done.

Thankfully, Joel was able to get in to see the Dr. right after we left the dentist Wed. morning. He was diagnosed with bronchitis and he's now on prednisone (?sp), a Z-pak, and a new inhaler to be filled if needed. He was feeling so much better by Thurs. evening. yeaaaa!!!!

I don't remember if I told y'all that I produce a Country Music Show each month and last night was my show. I love, love, love it. The band members are such wonderful friends that are so talented. We have guest entertainers from all over that come and perform several songs in all kinds of keys, rhythms, and unknowns. I am amazed when I hear the comment from the band, "we don't know that song" and then they play it and it sounds like they've played it a gillion times. I have lots of friends that are singers, but one of my very favorites,  I've not known very long, but OH, MY GOODNESS!!!!   I had her as a guest on my show last night and everyone was raving about her.  I had 2 other's that were raved about, as well. I was told that I could have all of them back every month and they'd pay to come back and listen. :} While busy with the show, I am a happy person. BUT........my lack of focus sure doesn't help. I am so unorganized, it gets comical. Thank goodness that so many step in to help with the different things that goes on. Each month brings lots of surprises and goof ups. Yesterday, I kept having to print my program because I goofed and  there would be a mistake staring at me and I'd redo it and then I'd discover another mistake, then I'd print the back side upside down...... I was in a hurry......

Today,  due to my lack of focus, I embarrassed myself completely and probably my older son, too.  I did something totally stupid. I tried making it "OK", the instant that I discovered the mistake, but I had already said what I said and with great diction. RED FACE!!!!!! RED FACE!!!!! RED FACE!!!!!!! My grandmother used to tell me that words said are like throwing feathers in the wind and then trying to retrieve them all. Can't happen! I called Jody later to 'fess' up & he said that his office had a good laugh. whew!!!! Guess they all know, by now, that his mom is a 'Lucy'.

This morning when I was just getting my "mojo" going to vacuum, dust, etc., I got a surprise call from one of our dearest friends asking if I would come meet her for lunch. Now, that was a decision......house work or meet with Marie?????? We've not gotten to visit for a long time, as she lives in Austin, and she's been having to spend lots of time with some of her "stuff" going on. She is the widow of Big John Webb, one of the best all around singers there ever was. Why he didn't go professional, I will never understand! He was a huge factor in me starting to sing on the opry scenes and he gave our trio the name, '2 1/2 Angels'.  He and Marie sort of adopted Joel and I and we would travel with them and meet somewhere to eat just about on a weekly basis.  He was a huge jokester but had the biggest heart, ever. He encouraged, and encouraged, and encouraged the trio. When we first started performing, we didn't have a name, but one of our most requested songs was 'Seven Spanish Angels' and the host of one of the shows told us that we should call ourselves 'The 7 Angels'. Big John happened to be in the audience, stood up and hollered out, "2 and a half, maybe. Watts is up there." Which was so typical of him. Another friend wanted to help us find a name, too. We have a hilarious list of suggestions that he brought to us, that he'd gotten from some of his friends while at a meeting.  We kept coming back to the '2 1/2 Angels'.  It's gotten lots of comments and questions. Mostly, "who's the half?" We keep everyone guessing. I'm blamed 90% of the time, Priscilla about 8%, and Diane 2%. It's just not fare!!! We do have lots of fun with it. Priscilla does help me out sometimes and tells the audience that none of us want to be presumptuous and call ourselves a whole angel all the time.

I don't even remember when I started this. Guess I should date the paragraphs. Today is Sat. 11-19-11. Is that not crazy? Our time is flying. Pretty soon it will be Thanksgiving. Now that's gonna be interesting....alfalfa dressing, water gravy, butterless taters, ....... But we will be thankful!!!!

Thanks again for the encouraging comments. Y'all are wonderful! Keep the circle of encouragement going.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment