Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 3 on Day 4

Let's see.....what happened to yesterday????? We were both pretty zonked by the time I got around to my usual blogging time. I was going to rest my eyes and then get to it, but I fell asleep &  woke up at 5:30 this
morning. I encouraged myself to get a little more "beauty" rest and then by the time I got going later, I had too much to do on my to do list. So, I'll back up to yesterday. ( Now as late as it is, that would really be 2 days ago. We are now in day 5, but since he's asleep, and most of y'all are, too, we will just work on day 3 & 4. (Have I totally confused you, yet?) It's 1:30 a.m. - Friday.

Yesterday, went well. Joel was tired and didn't stay at church for choir practice.  I don't know if he catnapped after he got home or just relaxed with remote in hand. He might have rushed home to the yummy supper that he'd been wanting. It was in the "alfalfa" range. I made stuffed bell peppers with a twist using Penzey's spices. I even liked them & I am very picky.

I worked 1/2 day yesterday in one of my favorite classes to work in. Today I worked in a 5th grade class that was wonderful. I really miss working at the school full time, so I cherish the days that I am there. I still say my little prayer, "please don't let it be Kindergarten" when my phone rings. ha!

Joel's day, today was good. He got a little "shot" of energy from some candy. Apparently, he was asking for any morsels of leftover Halloween candy that anyone might have. He said that he told them it was okay for him to have it when they'd asked if he was suppose to have it. (I think his nose grew a bit on that one.)

We didn't do so well with our supper tonight. But it's our first real big NO-NO.  About 17 of us met to go hear the best Bluegrass gospel group, The Marksmen. They were performing in New Braunfels. We were given the tickets. Before the show, several met at CiCi's Pizza.  Joel ordered a crustless pizza and had salad. I think that I ate a little of everything. It's one of my very favorite foods and my control goes right out the door. We'll eat better tomorrow.

After the Marksmen show, we went to some friends and had coffee and dessert. I passed on the dessert which was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard. Diane makes the best pies, EVER, and she had a cherry pie and a coconut cream. Two of my favorites. Especially, the cherry. I was just too full from the pizza. Now, had it been her apple pie, I would have found a corner to stuff it into. Oh, my gosh!!!!! She makes the best apple pie ever. LOTS of cinnamon. I think that I just gained 3 lbs. thinking about it. I will not tattle on Joel's decision to partake or not to partake.

It was so much fun getting together with our friends for such a wonderful show and good food and fellowship. Right before we left to come home, Diane got out her guitar and we all sat around for a little while and sang some gospel songs. I always enjoy that so much! Just wish that we could have kept it going for a little while longer. But no matter how long we sing, it's NEVER long enough.  Too much fun!!!!!!!

It is now 2:00 a.m. I'm going to go get reacquainted with my pillow.  Y'all can encourage me not to be grumpy later today from lack of sleep. Y'all are the best!

Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment