Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessings, Being Grateful, Thankfulness

I ran into a friend at the store today. I don't know her real well. Actually, I can't even remember her name. (That's a very weak point of mine......names. sad!) Just talking to her a few minutes, I realized how very blessed that I really am. Makes one wonder....
She still had a sweet smile and asked me to pray for some things. I will and I'd like for all y'all to pray for her and her family's needs. God knows who she is and what the needs are.  When I walked away, I thought about how UNgrateful I've been, how thankLESS I've been, and NOT counting my blessings as blessings.
Also, why it takes other's tragedies, sadness, misery, problems, needs, etc. to help others to get on the right track or give them hope in something? There are so many hurting people. I go back to the 'Guidepost' story that totally changed my life. Someone worst possible sadness written as a testimony, trusting God to use it to touch someone's life, even tho, their own lives were torn apart.
I think of the things that I've been through and how I carried myself or where did I turn my focus to. Did others see God working or was I too busy whining and complaining, "why, me?" I know, I know, I know that it is normal to ask that, and especially with the hurts being so different. I do have that awful tendency to hug my hurts and wallow in the pity. I always think, "nothing can be worst than this" or "no one knows how I feel" or "how can they understand, they've not been through this," and on and on... I have tried to be strong, and use the circumstances as a testimony. It sometimes takes me awhile to get to that point. I don't know anyone that would admit to rejoicing and giving an immediate praise while going through a tragedy, accident, illness, financial crisis, divorce, loss, or hurt of any kind.  I know that usually, it's an immediate cry out to God for help when any hurt is happening. At least, I do.  I don't know what people do that don't have a relationship with Him. I remember, even before I became a Christian, I would call out to God when I was in a mess or was experiencing a "hurt" of some sort. I just didn't have the trust and assurance to get the peace that I now have.  I am so THANKFUL that I do know Who to turn to, GRATEFUL that He cares, and count it a BLESSING to have that access.
Joel is still on meds. and will be for a few more days, but is so much better. You would never know that he's been sick. It will be good that he'll feel like eating his tofu turkey and be able to taste that it doesn't have taste. :-}
My brother is doing well, too. He got out for a little while Sat. afternoon to enjoy some music and fellowship with friends. My sister is still here helping him. She sure deserves an extra very special thank you for all that she's done.
Our son, Robert, just showed me a surprise that he'd been working on, secretly, for me. He is a wonderful artist and crafter. He makes things out of things, draws, paints, carves, & sketches. He's made some really neat stuff that I love and have to enjoy. He's taken an area near the backdoor that is a patched area from where we removed an window unit years ago. He's painted a beautiful bird. It's unfinished, but he couldn't wait to show me. He's had it covered up and wouldn't let me sneak a peek until tonight. sighhhhhhhhhh  I love birds and have them decorating the bathroom and we feed all kinds of birds like crazy, that is when the squirrels aren't stealing their food or our dog isn't chasing them off.
I hope that all of y'all are getting prepared to enjoy a thankful Thanksgiving. Encourage someone to find something to be thankful for.
I am thankful for y'all being here for me!
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment