Monday, October 3, 2011

AMAZING / update

First thing I want to say is that GOD IS AMAZING!

I am really surprised that more of you aren't just hitting the delete button when a post pops up from me. But then some of you are either as bored as I, or you are in such disbelief at the mess (or as my husband calls it...my Lucy moments) I can get involved in. (M.E.S.S. were my initials growing up.....go figure) BUT hopefully, you are tuning in to see how God is taking care of us and working in our lives.

Of course, I can't tell y'all anything straight up, I HAVE to chase a few rabbits. This may be where you want to go ahead and hit the delete button.....................you still have time.................................

......okay, you were warned.

I got up this morning with a very sore mouth due to a canker sore on the roof of my mouth and thought "great! something else to whine about".(and I did....everything makes it hurt)

Then "whine #2" came when Joel told me that he has a tooth bothering him, so I called the dentist

"whine #3" - we have to call the heart dr to tell us when the soonest is he can be treated,

"whine #4" - We discovered the truck tags were expired and I had to run go do that.

"whine #5" - I can't eat jello without wearing a lot of it......red jello, at that.

"whine #6" - the traffic was ridiculously slow moving, (to my liking);

"whine" #7 - the dr. never called us back and now the office is closed,

"whine #8 - we get a notice that our dog's vaccinations are due, and the property taxes arrive"
.....get the picture? ????

These are every day NORMAL happenings  and I am letting every little thing bother me and it seems to be volumes bigger than it really is. These are "things" that would usually just be stepped over or blown off as "oh, well, life is such". Why am I letting things, so petty, get to me? I AM HUMAN!!!!!!!  I'm tired, bored, worried, etc, etc. But one thing that I've discovered is....these things really cause me to pray. To stop and meditate on what it is that God is trying to teach me. Apparently, I am a slow learner and/or stubborn because it takes me awhile to get to that point. sad!!!

My whines continued as the day went on.

Whine, whine, whine.......

I was on a pity-party cruise and, to my embarrassment, not stopping to pray and ask God to make me aware of the blessings that I do have. (That should be MANY blessings.) I got way too comfortable in my wallowing today and thought that I'd just stay in that mood.

Not at all helpful or productive to anyone.

WHY, WHY, WHY, God chose to bless me even bigger today right in the middle of my snippy, ugly, selfish mood, is most AMAZING!

While we'd gone to go get the truck tags, a precious friend left a very generous gift stuck in our door.  Our utilities are taken care of this month!!!!!  Last week we received grocery money from another precious friend. Deserving??? NO! Grateful? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! Thank you my sweet friends and thank you God! 

I hate that I got into such a snit. That I let my guard down That I would rather wallow in self-pity.  Shame on me!  Maybe all of y'all should send me a daily email asking me if I'd thought about and registered in my brain my blessings.

Joel is doing well. Still gets a little winded, but he's up moving around a bit more and the swelling in his leg and foot have gone down.

My brother is having to have a unit of blood tonight as his oxygen level won't come up and falls below 88 when they get him up. My sister is staying with him. He's sad that he's not moving along any quicker.

Brayden (great grandson) had a med change after the results of the culture. Not sure what it was.

Thank you again for letting me ramble.  This is soooooooooooooooooooooo therapeutic for me. Maybe I shouldn't be pushing the send button, but oh, well....... I've been doing it so much, I hate to quit now.

I still haven't mastered eating Jello, but I am grateful for having some to spill. God is so good!

Love and Prayers to all!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment