Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Brother's Update

Bill was feeling a little better this afternoon. They've done more EKG's and a sonogram of his heart. He has an elevated white blood count, which is concerning. His feet are partially bandaged due to some open sores. He really needs lots of prayers. They've drained about 20 pounds of fluid off of him.  We took him an arrangement of eucalyptus with some 'Get Well' balloons to cheer him and the room up. He's been getting lots of cards and even got a pkg. of dog toys for his little dog. Thank you Tammy, Tom, and Austin. That meant a lot to him.  Please, pray that they will find the right treatments that will get him back on track.

I check on Chuck Conyers today. He got all the stitches out of his arm and the graft looked good. He then saw the oncologist that did some tests and if they come back clear, he doesn't have to go back for 3 months. Please pray that the test are all negative.

Joel has a tooth bothering him and gets to see the dentist this Thursday. I am not listing this as a "whine". When I start talking to other people and hearing their stories, or seeing how my brother is struggling, it makes me even more aware of how blessed we really are.  Our prayer lists could go on and on and on. Which brings me back to saying again......."our trials keeps us in tune with God." I am so THANKFUL that I am a Christian and can go to Him anytime knowing that He cares, He is in control, He loves me, and has a plan that I am a part of.  I can't say that I always like it, but I can say without a doubt that there has always been a blessing later. Some day when I have more time I will share on my blog spot my testimony along with some amazing things that have happened in my life. I have been told many times that I need to contact 'Guide Post' magazine. Maybe someday.

I am amazed at how many positive comments that I've gotten on my emails. Thank you so much! Knowing me, I will most likely repeat myself. 

I will be working 1/2 day tomorrow for 2nd grade, which happens to be my very favorite grade level. The kids are so much fun and so loving at that age.  Most of the time, they are trying so hard to please you. Very rewarding!!!!!!!  I hope that I will get to start subbing more and more. I've even thought about applying for a full time job elsewhere, but then think of all the "stuff" that I like to do when I want to do it and say, "naaaah".
Not that I won't if it comes to me having to. I'd just rather not.

Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment