Monday, October 10, 2011

My Brother's in Hospital

 
Well.... I just managed to somehow erase, cause to disappear, deleted, or whatever my whole email that I'd been working on....Did y'all hear the 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'?
I'm really not a computer person and I get so stirred at things like that. Where do they go???? No one ever sends them back to me or comments, "oh, by the way, I found your email."  WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't know if I can repeat all of what I already said. Dog gone it!!! Actually, that should be....email gone it!!! 

My brother was sent by ambulance back to the hospital this morning and was admitted. He is now in Guadalupe Valley Regional in Room 140. He had a pretty rough weekend and just kept getting worse. He is in congestive heart failure and they are culturing his blood to see if there is any infection. They increased his oxygen, started meds to get all the excess fluid off. He'd gained nearly 20 lbs. since surgery and has been on a restricted diet and not really eating much of that. His legs are starting to seep fluid from the excessive swelling.  We were with him again this evening and he was able to sit up and eat his dinner, the swelling is already going down, and his breathing isn't so labored. They are going to be doing several tests over the next few days. His primary dr. saw him 3 times this afternoon. Makes me worry, but then I am so thankful that he is on top of things. He will not be going back to where he was.

Joel saw both of his heart drs. this morning. Both were very pleased with the progress that he's made. He doesn't have to see the surgeon again. Thank goodness!!!! It was 38 mi. one way from our house and the traffic was horrible. We even saw a wreck. Actually, we heard the wreck then saw the results. I said a quick prayer of thanks that we didn't get that added to our "stuff". The other dr. sees him, again in 3 mos. and gave him the go to start doing a little more walking and small tasks to help build up his stamina. I'm thinking like washing dishes, folding clothes, getting up to get the remote, dusting, .....okay maybe not dusting since he does have asthma, but I'm sure there are a few things. Right?  He still has limitations  on lifting, tugging, etc. because of the sternum being split and wired back.
Wonder what the wire will do for airport security??? It stays from now on.

I got my haircut today and was it ever SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO needed. I was really looking more like our dog. I was being frugal and kept cutting on it myself, but I can't see the back. Lisa, owner of Cut Loose is the best hairdresser in the world! She always does an excellent job!

Please remember our friend Chuck in your prayers. He sees the oncologist tomorrow.

My pillow is calling. I will catch everyone up tomorrow.  Thank y'all for visiting my blog spot.
Remember to encourage someone, especially a child.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment