Monday, October 31, 2011

A Day Skipped

No! No! No! No! No!!!!!  I AM NOT BELIEVING WHAT I JUST DID. Again, I somehow managed to wipe out my whole email / blog. It is NOWHERE!!!! I've searched and searched but it's gone, GONE, G-O-N-E, I guess gone with the socks.....???????

Oh, well.... I'll begin again.

awwwwwww!!!!! Some of y'all missed me. I am sorry about the skipped day, but I was not feeling well and ended up taking some meds. that made me ewwwwwww yukkkkkk feeling and I went to bed covered my head, thinking that it would pass in a few mins., but woke up at 2:30 a.m. and spent the rest of the night trying to muffle coughs. I ended up going to the dr. this afternoon and am on an antibiotic hoping that I get my voice back and have no cough in 2 1/2 days (there's that "2 1/2" again......just saying)

I spent about 6 hrs. on  & off the computer and phones between Fri. & Sat. trying to get
Joel's phone fixed. I finally gave up and we had to take it into the Apple Store in San Antonio. It's not a real convenient location, but hey.....that got it done!  If you ever plan on going to an Apple Store, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!!! They had at least 30 employees working the floor and all were busy, busy, busy. Fortunately, we were told to. Or, we may still have been there.  Between them and the AT&T Store, I think that we made a great choice of providers.

Yesterday, we had our 5th Sunday singing program at church. Several people sign up to sing specials and it is always a blessing. One in particular, was a song about a young girl looking in the mirror and not liking what she saw, but then God reminded her that He'd made her beautiful. I'd never heard it before, but it got me to thinking about how so many people do focus on the outward appearance and not the beauty that comes from a beautiful heart and how much better off our world would be if we "saw" and "acted" through our hearts and not our eyes. I, for one,am always working on my outer appearance by using makeup, lotions, salves, balms, soaps, ointments, creams, emollients, liniments, washes, creams, scrubs, potions, etc., etc., etc., But........SAD to say, they don't do a thing for my heart because they can't reach it. That prescription comes only from Jesus living in my heart. I want to be known and remembered as someone with a beautiful heart. Now I have to remember to work on my actions, ALL THE TIME!!!

Two of our grand daughters have been nominated by their teachers for the "People to People" program. Abby is in Jr. High and Michelle is in High School. They will be having to raise money and apply for scholarships, and continue to pass all the steps necessary to be in the final 40 chosen. It sounds like a wonderful program and opportunity. They are already planning on what they can do. They are encouraged to work, do odd jobs, make things and sell, etc. It would take them to Australia this summer. I don't have all the details, yet, but am anxious to hear more about it.  They are both great students. (And both have the beautiful hearts that I was talking about.) I am very proud of them and will help them in anyway that I can.
 
I guess our encouragement for the day would be to encourage someone to show their beautiful hearts more.  Thank you for missing me. Please pray that Joel and my brother don't get this mess. Coughing would not be good for them.

Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment