Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Last" Email - Going Blog

If y'all are visiting my Blog Spot (http://www.sharedjoy.blogspot.com/), you will find the same news that I have been emailing, but I am going to start using just the blog spot to keep everyone updated. I will send out special prayer requests by emails. That way you can choose to hear from me, rather than me pushing myself on you.  I do appreciate all the listening,  prayers, advice, suggestions, comments, encouragement, etc., etc., etc. (If you still want me to email, please let me know and I will.)

As for my brother....some parts are better and then some are worst. His breathing is so much better and he is feeling better, but now his feet are a mess. His feet are bandaged and he can't be on them. The excessive swelling caused break downs in the skin on his legs and feet and be diabetic only compounds the problem. He hasn't gotten back the blood culture results. His white count has come down some. Yeaaaa!!!!  He is still on oxygen.  We will be looking for a new place for him to go after he is released from the hospital. A place that can accommodate a large legally blind guy.

Joel seems to be a little lethargic today. He is starting to feel the little twinges of the nerves starting to heal in his chest. Maybe it's just the boredom. He spent the afternoon with the dog while I worked. Then, he went to the hospital with me to visit Bill.
He's been really good about using his breathing apparatus to strengthen his lungs and he's suppose to start doing a little more to increase his stamina. I think maybe taping some weights to the remote might be a good idea. Ha!  He doesn't have as much swelling in his feet as he has had. Yeaaaaa!!!!!!

I enjoyed my afternoon with the 2nd graders. They are so precious.  There are so many times that I wish that I had never retired. But then the classroom is so much more fun than being in the office. I loved, loved, loved my job, but I think it was mostly because of who I worked with.

Joel is still getting cards from a bunch of people. Thank you so much. They really do touch him in a special way. He's been brought to tears many times. I know that he's on an emotional roller coaster, but y'all are making HAPPY TEARS!

Remember to encourage someone especially a child.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment