Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lifting A Fork Is NOT Therapy

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  I just got home from visiting Bill at the 'old place' and he DID NOT have any therapy yesterday or today. Peggy, his wife, was told that he would have it yesterday and today after she'd had a discussion with them on Fri. about just letting him sit in his room with the postage stamp size t.v. Really????? The only exercise that I've seen him getting is getting himself to the bathroom or lifting a fork to eat. AND for some reason,  ALL of his meals have had regular sugar on his tray and the food is salted. HELLO!!!!!  He IS diabetic and just re-hospitalized for having had too much fluid build up. I cannot believe the cost of this room that insurance is being billed for. For some reason they weren't "allowed" to move on to another place. I think insurance companies would come out much better if the care was up to par. I'm thinking that someone there needs to meet me. This is ridiculous!!!!
 
Okay, on to more calming things. I "exercised" Joel a bit today. We spent a couple of hours in Wal-Mart just walking around reading labels on what would be good to add to our air and alfalfa recipes. We are finding more and more that anything with any kind of flavor is a no-no. Thus, the Penzey's spices are becoming more and more useful and popular.
 
We made it to both Sunday school and church this morning. It was so good to be back in both. We are loving, loving, loving our class. I always come away feeling like I've learned something and am always blessed!  We also had Pastor Appreciation Day and had dinner on the ground. Someone did lots and lots of cooking!!!  Too yummy !
 
We are 27 days out from surgery and Joel is really doing well. He's even made 3 trips up and down our stairs today. Not all at once, of course. He went up the other day and I thought that I was going to have to practice my CPR. Visions of chest compressions were not pretty!  He's been sleeping in the recliner down stairs since coming home. He tried the couch the first night and it was too painful to try and get up from it. So, we've had a 3 wk. camp-out in the living room. Our dog loves it.
 
His scar is looking so much better. He's itching like crazy and feeling the twinges of the nerves healing. It's just amazing what all he's been through and how well he really is doing.
 
If any of you enjoy 3 part harmony music and want to hear the group that I sing with (The
2 1/2 Angels) we will be singing at a brand new opry starting in Floresville along with several other entertainers. Their first show is going to be Nov. 3rd at the Floresville Event Center. I will post more info. when it is closer to the date.  They've already sold 125 tickets and the place is suppose to hold up to 1000. WOW!!!! 
 
I just opened an email about shopping at Sears. I am going to copy the info.at the end of this, as I feel that it is very important that we support a company that is so good to our military and we need to do everything that we can to get the information spread. GOOD JOB SEARS!!!
 
No updates on the others that I have asked prayer for.  Just keep praying.
Find someone to encourage about something. It's amazing what change(s) will come from it.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie
 
Sears - Christmas shopping this year.
I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?


How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.


Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.


I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.


Pass it on.


I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:


I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.


This is their answer to my e-mail:


Dear Customer:


Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.


Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.


Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care

http://us.mc1135.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=webcenter%40sears.com
1-800-349-4358


Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!


It's verified ! By
Snopes.com<http://snopes.com/>; at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment