Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm A Bear!


Wow!!! I've turned into a bear. I've been so disappointed with my brother's care and had a bit of a melt down, but got some things happening for the better. He really needs lots of prayers. He's got so many health problems and more cropping up. He is so miserable and depressed. But, I think that we are getting somewhere, now. I've been there twice today. Called the dr. that was on call and threatened to move him out if they couldn't get better equipment for a big guy and to check on the oxygen. His stats were at 80-83 (needs to be over 90, & preferably above 95) so now he is back on oxygen. He'd been asking since yesterday for it.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I had talked to three different people about my concerns and no one had passed the msg. to the right person. I did talk to the right person today and she was so sweet and helpful and got a big chair ordered and in place within just a few hrs.  Now I can sleep a little better tonight. I will thank her when I see her.
 
It broke my heart when I walked into his room to find him in too small of a chair just sitting trying to get in a position that didn't hurt. They were giving him his pain med., but that wasn't getting some of the real problems taken care of.  He can't see his t.v. because it's too small (he's legally blind), so he was just sitting there. I don't think I over-reacted just because I'm running on raw nerves. It really was pitiful.
 
Joel has had a good day. He rides with me whenever I need to run an errand. We met with some friends this afternoon and had a good visit. We wanted to go to one of our favorite oprys in Tilmon but felt it was too far too soon. He still poops out pretty quick. He is still having a little swelling in his feet, so needs to keep them elevated more.  I will be glad to have him seeing both heart drs. this Mon. to see if he's in the "normal" range.
 
God continues to bless us and bless us and bless us some more. We just look at each other with tears in our eyes and say, "GOD IS GOOD! ALL THE TIME!"  I just wish I knew what would be bigger and more sincere than just 'thank you', but that is all that I can keep saying from our hearts!
 
I'm thankful that the spraying I did, has been working. We've not had any more scurrying critters in the house, my leg is healing, haven't run into any more snakes, we're hearing from so many friends,  I've eaten jello without wearing it, the dog has stayed away from skunks, and it's rained.  We're good!!!
 
Our plans are to go to church tomorrow. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!
 
Til' later.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment