Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday = Better

It's been a long wonderful day. I got to go to church this morning (Robert babysat his dad) and I got lots of hugs from my sweet church family members (of course....most of them were to be brought to Joel, but hey....a hug's a hug, right?) And what a wonderful message brother Steve brought on God's Sovereignty. And the beautiful song that Stephanie Turner sang reminding us that God IS all we need. If you were there and didn't get a blessing out of that, then your blesser is broke!

I also, got to go see my brother in the hospital. yeaaaaa!!!! He's doing pretty well, considering what all he's been through. He still has a ways to go, but he's getting there. And he said that he will be taking better care of himself from now on. Double yeaaaaaaa!!!  I am so thankful that my sister has been here for him. She is the only one that sees him daily and sits with him during the day. I know that he would love a touch from the outside world.

Brayden, our great grandson, had his surgery this morning. They have a drain tube in his neck now and they cleaned out 3 areas of infection in his neck. He will be in the hospital until Tuesday for sure. Not sure what caused this, but just thankful that they caught it and were able to treat it.

I stopped at HEB and spent about an hour just lolly-gagging around. NICE!!!! All I needed was some cleanser, but did some people watching. Made me realize that I am just a sinner saved by GRACE, but a VERY thankful one!!!!!!! Through all that's happened in the past few weeks, I have learned that praying for people is very therapeutic, especially when it is so obvious that they are in need of the Lord. Then I pray for mirrors and morals. Goodness..... sorry.....there's my tacky side coming out. It's the boredom!, okay?

Now, this is because of people like me who sit and wonder and don't ask and then wish I had and for those who have asked, (thank you) Different ones have asked how we are doing and then take it a bit further and ask about Joel's job & if he's getting paid. Right now, we don't know when he will be able to go back to work and do what he was doing prior to this ( he was doing plumbing ) and I won't be able to go back to substitute teaching for at least another couple of weeks.  Yes, we have medical insurance, no we don't have supplement insurance, or compensation of any sort.  We are fine, though. We had been saving money back to fix up some major foundation problems with our house, so we are thankful that we have that. We may be moving in with one of y'all later, though. HA!!!!  And if there is anyone out there that doesn't know this......(we sure didn't)... your foundation is not covered under most insurance policies and it is VERY VERY expensive to fix.  But this is STUFF and STUFF don't last. Let'er crumble. I've got my husband and he's healing, and I'm thankful. (It's taken me 45 yrs. to get him broke in).

I can't say thank you enough for loving us through all this, letting me vent, listening to my CRAZINESS,  letting me cry when needed, making me laugh when I would think there was nothing to laugh at, just sitting with me, making sure that I took care of me, bringing me food, (if you ever need some extra yummy food, call the Picketts or Larry Krueger), praying for us, hugging us, offers to "babysit", emailing, cards, calls, etc, etc. etc. We are so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, blessed.

And PLEASE....don't hold back on any of these. If I can't get to the phone leave a message. It's nice to know that you tried to call and as far as emails, send them on! Really!  Yes, I'm busy..JUST SITTING AND SITTING AND SITTING, when not looking for something to do. I may not reply back, but I've sure enjoyed getting them.  Please continue to lift us in prayer.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

Love and Prayers to all!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment