Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 34

I thought that I should start early, since my computer is still giving me a bit of trouble. It doesn't want to do anything. Sorta like me.....sluggish
I got called to work this morning for just the afternoon. Had a 4th grade class. They had plenty to keep them busy, which is great for the sub. If they get finished with their work, they tend to lean towards doing what they want to do, which is usually to talk. It was good to get to the higher grade level elementary since I've not been there this yr. I have lots of friends there that I enjoy getting to say hi to.  
I don't know if Joel and the dog got too rowdy today, but Joel's glasses broke. We need to get them fixed. His old ones are in the work truck which his company picked up after he was admitted to the hospital. We can go get them, if necessary. Just hope the others can be fixed.
I love getting messages from y'all. It is such a surprise sometimes. I got a real surprise from a cousin that I've not seen since I was a little girl. She found my name and phone # on a piece of paper while cleaning out a drawer. She'd lived with my parents while in high school before I was ever born.  My mom had given her my name  & phone # incase she would someday not be able to get ahold of Mom. It was so nice to hear from her. I do remember her, but not a lot about her. It was so sweet for her to call and catch up on my family and my siblings. Maybe cleaning out drawers will pay off for all of us. 
I have another prayer request. Linda, one of my good friends and neighbor was seriously injured by one of their cows. She has several broken ribs & spleen, liver and other internal injuries.  Her husband couldn't make the cow stop, even by kicking and throwing things at it,  but thankfully their 2 dogs were able to. She is in the trauma unit at University Hosp. Please pray that she will continue to heal and not have to have surgery. 
My brother is getting things set up for home health care. He is so excited about getting to come home. It will be so wonderful. My sister will be here this week to help get things ready and then she will be here to help till he gets more steady. 
Please remember that I am looking for silent auction items or donations. I need to get that going! It'll be here before you know it. I tend to think, "oh, I have plenty of time".......NOT!!!! 
I am trying to consolidate our phones and internet service to try and save money. So there may be a glitch in my blog for a few days. Not sure how all of this is suppose to work, but we are suppose to be able to combine everything and save some money.  Saying that to say...If I should suddenly seem to have dropped off the face of the earth, be assured that I am here and well. I may continue to blog in Word program and then copy and paste when I am back up and running. I may not miss a second, but thought I should get that word out since things have been going pretty quirky lately.
Better quit and get some rest incase I should get a McRib craving and have to stand in the long lines to get one.. I hear they are back. ewwwwwww yukkkkk!
ENCOURAGE someone.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie
    

No comments:

Post a Comment