Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bill Coming Home!

We went by to see Bill today and he looked so good. He is so excited about having just one more sleep, (that's the way we measure time), before getting to come home. He had Peg go pick up some of his things so he wouldn't have so much to cart home tomorrow. 
Carol got in this afternoon and is not feeling well. She had to go to the dr. yesterday to make sure that she wasn't contagious. He ran a strep test and it was negative. She has some meds. I sure hope that she doesn't get worse. And I hope that the dr. was right and she isn't giving anyone cooties.

We got a few more things checked off of our list of things to do today. I've been bitten by the mulley grub bug, again. I've felt like I was in slow motion all day not wanting to do anything, not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to see anyone, not wanting to, not wanting, not wanting, NOT WANTING. And what is so STUPID is I find it so hard to pray, which is what I need to do more than anything. It is so RIDICULOUS to allow myself to feel this way. Seems like it comes in waves more and more lately and this is a total repeat of my whining from a few days ago.  grumble, grumble  If I were 3, I would have a very shriveled thumb from sucking it so much!!!!

I did hear from Ginger,  my favorite girl cousin today. (I can't say just favorite because I have a favorite boy cousin, too.) I guess the easier thing to say would be, I heard from one of my favorite cousins today. How's that?  It's always such a blessing to hear from her. She has always made me feel so special.
Her sister's house was hit by lightning Sun. morning and was a total loss. SAD!!! But no one was hurt. They were home and able to get some of their grandmother's antique furniture out. And their neighbor has opened up their house to them, so they have a place to stay. Please say a prayer for them.

My sister brought me some farm fresh eggs today, so we had breakfast for dinner. Joel loves eggs, not the best choice if you are watching cholesterol, but he's only had 2 since his surgery and they were cage free.
I fixed grits, biscuits, and turkey bacon. Now, that is weird to me. I don't care for the texture or the taste, so just as soon do without.

Okay, I am already feeling better. I realize by writing this, that I have so much to be thankful for. I know that I could pick up the phone and call anyone of you and you'd listen. But pecking away at my keyboard and rereading things, makes it so clear as to how silly I sound, but how very human I am, too. I have the resources, just don't utilize the fortitude that it takes to get it together. SHAME ON ME!

I'm already shivering from the temp. change. I am not one that likes the cold, at all!  I don't even like opening the refrigerator when the temp is below 70.

Please keep the prayers going up and throw in some encouragement to someone.
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment