Saturday, October 15, 2011

Kin to Rip Van Winkle

Well......this day is gone. I laid down for a "quick" power nap at about 2 this afternoon and woke up over five hours later. I hope the term "beauty rest" really works. I am sure not feeling it. I had planned on getting lots done around here, but..................... as my mom would have said, "you can't unfall". I don't like wasting so much time. There is always something to do around here. I am one that makes 10 messes cleaning up one. Very unorganized. I am not bragging at all. It's just a fact. It takes me forever to make a decision.
I did see Bill this afternoon.  Joel and I went by this morning, but he was sleeping so we left and went back early afternoon. He looks and sounds so much better but he said that he felt like he was getting a cold. He sure doesn't need that!  He has to stay off his feet.They were going to start some sort of physical therapy this afternoon.
Joel's mouth is feeling okay. Now I am trying to cook soft 'alfalfa and water'.  I made some pretty yummy soup using some of the Penzey's spices our daughter sent us.  (If you aren't familiar with Penzey's, I recommend going to their website http://www.penzeys.com/  It is wonderful stuff! The closest store to us is Austin, but worth the drive!!!!!!) We did go outside our boundaries last night and got Joel a strawberry milkshake since his mouth was waking up and he knew it.
I am still trying to figure out a way to build up Joel's stamina.The weight on the remote messes with the buttons, so I think that a couple of days of window shopping to start out would get the ol' heart pumping, legs awake and stronger, head clear, etc.
I'm thinking that I am going to be awake half the night. Just hate getting my days and nights mixed up. I can't be too productive like vacuuming, laundry, etc. since others are trying to sleep. Guess I'll use the time to work on the country & gospel music show that I produce. I'm really enjoying doing that. Our next show is the 20th. Come on down. It starts at 7 at the Seguin Silver Center at 510 E.Court St. $5.00 admission, which 100% goes to the senior citizens. It's a great fundraiser!
Haven't heard how our granddaughter is doing on her meds. for the Lyme disease. I did hear that Brayden (great grandson) still has the hole in his neck and is having to have it packed, but is doing well.
Thanks again for letting me bend your ears. Y'all are the best therapy ever!!!
Encourage someone!
Love and Prayers to all!
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment